Tag, 6 Things That Make High WASPs Happy
1. Cooking chicken in Le Creuset on an old stove . We like Le Creuset because they've been around forever. Because their pots are made from comforting and heavy cast iron. Because you can own these pots for 30 years and while they may wind up laced with old dinners they will work just fine. We like old stoves because we frequently have them at our lake houses. From Amanda at first milk.
2. Prints of vegetables. We like these because they are old. Representative. Picturing something that's undeniably good for you. From catbird which I found via little winter bride.
3. Grace Kelly, it goes without saying. She comes this close however to being just too pretty for politeness. I'm sure that's why she had to go live in Monaco where they aren't so embarrassed by pretty women. From Good Mouse, Bad Mouse.
4. School supplies from via greenlagirl. a) all one color. We love monochromatic. In fact they match Grace Kelly. Serendipity? I think not. b) good for the environment. We love the environment. We understand that all the financing of factories that we did at the beginning of the last century has had a problematic impact.
5. Tartan. We have a family plaid. Or two. The year my family spent living in London I owned and wore regularly a kilt. With a kilt pin. Talbots via The Preppy Princess.
6. This man evolves High WASP into an art form. He looks exactly how my father might have dressed in the 1950's before he threw caution to the wind, moved to California, and became a left-of-center professor. If, that is, if, my father had been somehow dipped in a solution that stripped all carelessness from his being and caused him to button his shirt. To wear his shorts just a wee bit tighter. It's not that we dress like this. It's that we appreciate the perfection of the homage, the distillation of our archetype into a sort of liqueur. The Sartorialist. Who else?