15 Ways To Experience The Best Possible Makeup Purchase In The Whole World
- Wander into a department store, cash in your pocket.
- Endure torture at the hands of a tall Russian makeup artist.
- Buy new makeup you don't need.
- Tell your friends.
- Gain courage. (Known impolitely, but colorfully, as grow a pair.)
- Storm back into Saks, tell Chanel counter lady every detail of your torture and return the cosmetics. Storm with dignity.
- When she says, with a look of disdain, "You didn't have to tell me all that," reply, with impunity, "Oh, but I thought you should know."
- Take your store credit and walk past every makeup counter, slowly. Explain to everyone you are looking for purple eyeshadow but that you are Taking. Your. Time.
- Take your time.
- Wind up at Nars, since you already know that Laura Mercier looks strangely orange on your skin, you don't want to experiment with Bobbi Brown, Elizabeth Arden feels like a grandmother brand, and when the heck did Cle de Peau move beyond concealer? And why?
- Let the woman of a certain age, your age in fact, apply purple eyeshadow.
- Appreciate the fact that she is willing to use the lipstick and blush that you already own.
- Appreciate the fact that she lets you buy Dior mascara because you've heard Diorshow, um, rocks.
- Really appreciate the fact that Nars costs less than Chanel, which means you get to indulge in some extra, lavender, sparkly shadow for the center of your eyelid. Because one day you might wind up at the Met Ball for the Costume Institute. In which case you will certainly want to own a shadow called Night Fairy. Even if you never go to the Met Ball, the shadow will help you pretend that it's possible.
- Tell your friends:). Then thank them.
Thank you. Thank you very much.
Products, in case you wondered.
YSL Lipgloss in Golden Praline
YSL Creme Blush in Velvety Peach
Diorshow Mascara in Rich Black
Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Tokyo
Nars Single Eyeshadow in Night Fairy
Nars Lip Pencil in Tonga
Nars Eyeliner in Manon