The Preppy Princess has given me an award. Apparently I am now the Queen of All Things. Aside from being kind and helpful, the Princess also runs a business and has already had a career in media. It's wonderful to see someone who can accomplish so much. And her blog has just enough tongue-in-cheek to make me go back every day. Plus Gossip Girl. Thanks Princess.
The terms of this award are to pass it on to 7 bloggers and say 7 things about myself that make me aww-summm. Oooh. That's really hard for High WASPs. Counts as showing off. So, here's what I will do. We are all awesome because the simple state of being alive is astonishing. Here are 7 things that at this moment remind me I am alive, and therefore awesome.
Seven things that make me Awe-Summm
1. My sheepskin slippers are really comfy.
2. The house is completely quiet except for the hum of my refrigerator.
3. My roses need pruning again. This time I will wear armor.
4. Almost everything in my house is a reminder of something important, presents given in love, things acquired in need, a globe of the world, millions of photos of my children in their little guy days.
5. My fingers hurt from typing. I am aging. I don't regret the diminishment of physical beauty at this point, but I feel every year when I move. Luckily even aging means you are alive.
6. I love my new garage door. After 25 years without an automatic garage door I now understand their glory.
7. My cellphone is on the kitchen counter. The last person I called was my best friend in Belgium. She and I have been mothers together since we met, 18 years ago. She moved to Belgium last year. She and I still talk almost every day. Having a best friend is a good way to remember that you are alive.
I now pass this award on to:Confessions of a Plate Addict
(Just what it sounds like. Don't you love the Internet? Lots of tablescapes that brides might find useful)Doux
(Remarkably stylish, in both words and pictures, written by two young women. I'd even say it's got a High WASP vibe for what that's worth.)Mamahood, among other things...
(Mother in Hong Kong with possibly the cutest children ever, clearly dedicated to doing the best possible job)Accordions and Lace
(Planning an interfaith wedding and rather honest about everything)One Barefoot Bride
(A green bride, a graduate student,My Life Interrupted
(She takes care of two grandchildren AND is quitting smoking)Weddings Fresh
(A wedding planner who posts lovely simple images)It's a Dog's Life
(She's my age. Do I need another reason?)
Labels: awards and memes