Saturday Morning at 8:31am
Not the least of which is this blog. I'm kind of embarrassed to talk about blogging. Very High WASP of me, I suppose. We want to do these things, and pretend we aren't. But here I am. More importantly, here you are. Welcome.
I was tagged, recently, by the adorable, determined, and effervescent Queen Bee Swain. That's Swain as in coxswain, not as in country suitor. To tell you ten things about myself. Before I start, I tag Mon Avis, Mes Amis. Found her via Maxminimus. She is British wit and verve, he's men's style in the traditional vernacular. Both quite fun. Also Pink Martinis. She introduced me to Sugar Daddy Ken. Need I say more? Now I'm going to conflate the tag (don't you just love the word conflate? So useful.) with my sense that it's time to take a minute and think, just what am I doing here, and to then tell you. So you know. Because things change, evolve, and maps, guides, directions can be good.
10 Things You Might Not Have Known About LPC's Blogging. Because I Didn't Know Them Either. Or, I Knew But Hadn't Acknowledged. Because Being Human Is Complex.
Why am I doing this?
1. I have always wanted to write stuff that did not involve trying to sell anyone anything. And have people read it.
2. I lost my job and I have time to fill.
3. You all are funny, intelligent, quirky, enthusiastic, well-traveled, creative commenters who keep providing me with new thoughts and insights.
4. Taking pictures and making photo collages is fun. Like the part of kindergarten that I liked where they put scissors and construction paper and glue on the tables and let you have at it.
5. Life is short, and noticing acutely as you live is the only way I have found to make it go more slowly.
What am I going to be doing here? In order of focus.
1. Writing about style from the High WASP perspective, in clothing, in accessories, in travel, in houses, in careers.
2. Telling stories as honestly as I can, with disclosure of any personal complexities. Constructing and deconstructing.
3. Telling the particular story of my trip to India. Most likely every week. But I can't set a day, some Mondays are different than other Mondays, often Tuesdays vary quite a lot.
4. Blurting out how much I love my children.
5. Sustaining occasional moments of rapture about this, that, and the other thing. Whatever that other thing happens to be.
But, wait, there's more. (No Ginsu knives.) But, inviting you all to guest post, hosting giveaways (yes, really, just wait). Also showing pictures. And thanking you. Really, most importantly, thanking you. Where are my manners?
Thank you. Thank you very much.
Labels: awards and memes